It is an exfoliation process that works by removing the outermost layer of your skin using the tiny crystals that break up these cells that are worked into your skin using a handheld device with an abrasive surface to reveal the softer, smoother, and clear skin underneath. It also encourages the production of collagen that helps maintain your skin’s youth. Therefore, it is widely recognized as an incredible skin rejuvenation treatment with numerous other benefits and advantages.
In this type, a diamond tip-encrusted wand is passed over the skin. This tip abrades the skin, and the same wand vacuums the exfoliated particles. Since diamond microdermabrasion doesn’t involve crystals, there is less irritation during the procedure. Furthermore, if you are allergic to the crystals used, you should opt for diamond microdermabrasion. It is commonly used to treat hyperpigmentation, wrinkles, and lines in the sensitive area of your face.
It takes merely 30 minutes or so.
No, it is not painful at all. It can be a little uncomfortable but not unbearable. It may feel like a gritty facial massage.
You will see visibly clearer and brighter skin after your first session. However, multiple sessions could be recommended, depending on your concerns and the condition of your skin, to achieve the best results.
Your highly qualified and experienced staff at Pommier Med Spa will guide you better on this according to your requirements and concern. With that said, getting a treatment session every 2-4 weeks is recommended to achieve flawless and radiant skin.
● Discontinue using skin products containing alpha hydroxy acid, retinoids, salicylic acid, and acne products for 1 week before the treatment.
● Shave your facial hair 1 day before the treatment. However, you should avoid tweezing and waxing.
● Please avoid Microdermabrasion if you are pregnant.
● It is not recommended to be used in conjunction with other aesthetic and cosmetic treatments such as Botox, fillers, and laser hair removal.
● Avoid sun exposure before and after the treatment.
● Mild redness and swelling for a few hours is a normal after-effect of the treatment. You can apply Aloe Vera and do icing to minimize the redness.
● Avoid excess sweating and vigorous exercise for 24 hours after the treatment.
● Avoid skin care products having alpha hydroxy acid, retinoids, and salicylic acid for at least 3 days after the treatment.
● Avoid picking and scratching, as this can result in hyperpigmentation.
● Wear medical-grade sunscreen and apply moisturizer frequently.